Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Flower Cosmetics | Drew Barrymore @ Walmart




Hey guys. So I'm sure you've heard by now about Drew Barrymore's new makeup line. I first heard of it from watching her interview with Oprah. (Yeah, I know). I really love Drew, but of course when I first heard about this new line, my first question was: "Is it cruelty-free?"


So I went to their website, and looked for a 'Contact" or "FAQ" link. But of course, being that it's so new in the market, they don't have one. (Which I hope will change with time).

They did have a 'Philosophy' link. Which explains why this line was created, etc. They also mention that Flower products "are never tested on animals". As far as information about their animal testing policy, that is all I got. I tried researching on google, but all I would get were links to other posts (like this one). Apparently no one knows exactly.

I don't doubt that Flower's final products are not tested, as a company would look terrible if they lied about their cruelty-free status. However, what about their raw-ingredients? What about their parent company? Do they have a parent company? All these questions, which I use to determine if a company is cruelty-free, are left unanswered. 

So what does this mean? It just means I will have to get in contact with Flower more directly. I pride myself in presenting you with a cohesive post, with evidence to back up my conclusion about a company's cruelty-free status. I'm posting this, even-though, it's quite inconclusive just to warn you that this company might not be 100% cruelty-free.

If you are like me, you don't support company's unless they are 100% cruelty-free. Meaning that their final product, raw-ingredients, parent company, and sister companies do NOT test on animals. That is the standard I hold my blog up to. So just be aware.

Hopefully, soon I will have a post ending the question of "Is it?"

Until then, hold tight. If you happen to find a cohesive post, please let me know. I would really appreciate it and I'm sure anyone reading this will to.

Until Next Time,

Camila Alvarez

8 comments:

  1. Hmm. As much as I love Drew Barrymore, I know she used to be a spokeswoman for Covergirl and we all know their stance when it comes to animal testing. Hopefully this is one of the reasons why she has her own line now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Robyn! How have you been. You have a really great point there. I'm honestly not sure what to think. We shall see.

      Delete
    2. I thought Cover Girl tested on animals too which was why I was so surprised Ellen would team with them but when I contacted PETA to ask about this they told me Cover Girl no longer tests their products on animals and that Ellen was emphatic that they didn't when she signed her contract so I'm inclined to believe they don't.

      Delete
    3. SOrry for super late reply. Covergirl is owned by P &G companies. WHich both sales in China and has companies that do test. Please check http://humanelychic.blogspot.com/2013/01/covergirl-p-company.html .

      Delete
  2. I'm good thanks Camila. Hope you are well. Please keep us posted about this as its always good to hear about new cruelty free brands.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely will keep you posted. I hope to hear back from them soon. :)

      Delete
  3. I like Drew, too, since I read her book about her childhood "Little Girl Lost" which is scary ... interesting that she no has a new makeup line. She´s doing a lot things her life!

    xx Rena http://dressedwithsoul.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can't help but to love Drew. I want to read her book! Hopefully, its truly cruelty-free.

      Delete

Please utilize this comment section for feedback. If you have a question, message me on facebook. It's easier that way to answer your questions directly. :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Main-nav-Menu (Do Not Edit Here!)