Monday, March 4, 2013

Something to Celebrate | European Union Bans Animal Testing on Personal Care Products

(European Commission


Hey guys!
I have some very exciting and joyful news. I just found out (maybe a few hours ago) that beginning March 11th the European Union's ban on using animals to test "personal care products" goes into effect.

So what does this mean?
It basically means that no animals can be used to test final products and "ingredients and marketing of products." (LeapingBunny.org)
According to Vicki Katrinak LeapingBunny's Administrator starting March 11, 2013 "it will be illegal to market, import, or sell animal-tested finished personal care products or their ingredients in the 27 countries that make up the EU." This news makes me want to jump around and bake cupcakes! It's such a huge achievement for the people working to get this passed and for those who can only cheer them on from the sidelines. However, there are some things to be aware of.

So what are the "bad" news?
According to LeapingBunny, there are some loop-holes to be aware of. For example, the term "cosmetic ingredient" has not been clearly defined. Also, they have not release information which tells us exactly what the ban covers.

We have to wait and see the terms of this ban. Don't get me wrong I'm thrilled, because I know this is setting a path for more, but that's just it. We can't stop here! I just heard about this and haven't researched the terms of the law (I'm not a lawyer) so bare with me. I hope to fill you in with the best of my ability soon. For now! Join the celebration <3

Until Next Time,

Camila Alvarez

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yes! I am too! I'm baking cinnamon rolls this weekend as a celebration <3

      Delete
  2. This is really great <3 Have already read it in the newspaper and I´m so happy about it!

    xx
    Rena
    http://dressedwithsoul.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am too! I'm glad :) Hopefully,something similar will happen in the US, soon. :)

      Delete

Please utilize this comment section for feedback. If you have a question, message me on facebook. It's easier that way to answer your questions directly. :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Main-nav-Menu (Do Not Edit Here!)