Thursday, September 5, 2013

India's Ban of Animal Testing for Household Products PROPOSED!

After reading more into this story, I found that the ban for household testing has only just been proposed. Meaning that animal testing for household products is still legal. Sorry if my facebook post was misleading. I read the email with the news incorrectly. (I'm a wishful thinker, what can I say?) I truly apologize because my intention was not to miss-inform you. However, this is still a great step!! 
source

This past June I was thrilled to share with you all that India had banned animal testing on cosmetic and their ingredients on animals. It was such a huge success and I was really hopeful that they would also ban animal testing for household products.

Well, I am excited to announce that it has been proposed to the Soaps and Other Surface Active Agents Committee to replace the current test-conducted on guinea pigs- with "a non-animal test method called "the human repeated insult patch test." 

If you recall Dr. Chaitanya Koduri -PETA's India Science Policy Adviser- has a seat on said committee, right now they are waiting for all the members of the committee to "submit their comments" for the final decision.

I'm hopefully that the proposal will be successful because they have LOTS of support. Sonia Gandhi (Congress President) along with Lal Krishna Advani (senior leader of the Bharatya Janata Party) are urging the Family Welfare and Ministry of Consumers Affairs to look at PETA's requesy. There are sooo many people who are working to make this ban happen. I will link the official announcement here, be sure to check it out for more information. 

If you want to help makes this happen click here, and sign a petition to urge the ministry to ban this test. 

Hopefully soon I will hear that the proposal has passed!  

A special thanks to Tasgola Bruner for personally emailing me about this great news!!

Until Next Time,

Camila 


2 comments:

  1. It's really great to see a beauty blogger who cares about animal testing. Too many people just don't care. This is why I'd like to nominate your blog for The Liebster Award. Please visit for more info.
    Stay cruelty free!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops, forgot the link: http://teainthetub.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/the-liebster-award.html#more

      Delete

Please utilize this comment section for feedback. If you have a question, message me on facebook. It's easier that way to answer your questions directly. :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Main-nav-Menu (Do Not Edit Here!)