Friday, October 11, 2013

Emani Vegan Cosmetics | Mineral Eyeshadow, Mascara, Brow-Trio and Brush Review


 ****These were sent to me to review. This review is 100% based on my experience and I will not be receiving compensation for reviewing these products. I love you guys! 



I was really confused about the name of this shadow. Champagne? Sure it's shimmer but it reminds me more of a rose gold color. 
On Eyes: The shadow itself is beautiful. It was frustrating taking these pictures because I don't think my camera did it justice. I will have to so a 'face of the day' for you guys using this shadow so you can see how it looks on.
Primer?:  Like most mineral products, you will find there is lots of fallout. If you don't usually use eye-shadow primer, I recommend you pick one or use a base. If you use a primer you should be good for most of the day. 
Price: $10.50
Repurchase?: This was send to me. I would absolutely purchase this shade again and am already eying others from this collection. Like roller-queen! OMgosh it's beautiful!!! 





So intriguing! A soy mascara?! Whose ever heard of such a thing.
Wand: It allowed me to catch my most inner lashes. It has a cool and effective shape. I really liked it!
Packaging: It's sleek, which I enjoyed as well. 
Formulation: It's a dry mascara. It doesn't really let you build up the product, or at least that was my experience. I enjoy wet mascara because I like the slightly"clumpy' look they give. Also, because it's more on the dry side it does not clump your lashes. 
Price: It retails on Emani's website for $20.00. 
Repurchase?: This was send to me but I would not purchase. It's a bit pricey and if I was to spend that cash on a mascara I would choose a mascara that met my needs. 






The sun washes out these closers. The picture below is true color. 
Colors: The women of my family (meaning my sister and my mother) have different complexions and hair color. My mom is very fair and her hair is a strawberry blonde color. My sister is also fair, she recently dyed her hair an auburn color, but her natural hair color is a medium-tone brown. I have a tan complexion and my hair is black/dark brown. Why am I telling you all this you might be asking. Well, the three of us have used this trio and found it fitting for diverse brow needs. 
Also, if you have very sparse brows, it gives a very natural look! I LOVE this trio!
Eyeliner: I like the idea of this being used as a liner. I personally like a dark and thick line. The darkest shade of this trio, in my personal opinion, is not dark enough to be used as a liner. I do not use this for that purpose. 
Price: $20.00
Repurchase: It was send to me. I WILL be buying this when I hit pan on it. It's also going to become my signature gift for the women of my family. It's AMAZING! 






 I didn't find this specific brush on Emani's site. All these products came in a little kit so this brush might not be available for individual sale. I hope that makes sense.
All their products are vegan so this brush is synthetic. I would not imagine using the brow & liner trio without it! It's sooooo soft on your skin. When most people think of synthetic brushes they picture coarse and tense tools that irritate the skin. I think that is one reason brushes made of animal hair are still so common. I can't speak for their entire brush collection, but if this brush is an indicator of the rest of their brushes I am really impressed. I hope to add more to my collection.
Be sure to check out their vegan brush collection. Their prices range from $24.00 to $11.50!




Lots of Love,
Camila

P.S. What product mentioned about intrigued you most? 



8 comments:

  1. I've never heard of this brand! I will have to check them out some time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far I'm impressed. I want to try more of their mineral shadows :D

      Delete
  2. I love your blog! I'm currently trying to go 100% cruelty free :) I feel like there are many undiscovered cruelty free brands out there that are amazing. Keep up the amazing work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tori!
      Thank you so much & YES! When you first go cruelty-free it's hard because you don't want to have to research and look into these hidden gems but once you do it became a learning opportunity and kind of like an adventure! <3

      Delete
  3. Mineral eyeshadows make me nervous as I'm scared I'll spill it everywhere. The brow trio looks good too though I'd probably end up using it as eyeshadow.
    Anyway, I'm a big fan of your blog so have nominated you for The Sunshine Award which you probably already have. If you are interested, please visit
    http://teainthetub.blogspot.co.uk/2013/10/the-sunshine-award.html to find out more.

    Helen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Helen,
      Thank you soooo much for nominating me! Out of everything I got, the brow trio is my favorite, it's also what I use everyday. It's definitely worth taking a chance on!

      Delete
  4. I am ready to drop some cash on high quality vegan brushes to replace all the animal hair ones I am currently using. I’ve had some of my animal hair ones for quite a few years now and I had purchased/was given them before I came to the decision to go cruelty-free with my cosmetic collection.

    vegan makeup brushes

    ReplyDelete
  5. A cosmetic made and of any of several finely ground minerals, mixed with a base such as cocoa butter; Note: seems to exclude talc, even though it is a mineral
    vegan mineral makeup

    ReplyDelete

Please utilize this comment section for feedback. If you have a question, message me on facebook. It's easier that way to answer your questions directly. :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Main-nav-Menu (Do Not Edit Here!)