Friday, December 27, 2013

Skin Care Tool Kit | Cruelty-Free


Hey guys! I wanted to share these products because I've seen a wonderful change in my skin since I started using them! I wish I had a before and after picture. They are all cruelty-free, as far as I am aware. 
I'd never used a makeup remover before I started using this one. (I know, I know!) I think it's alright. It does a nice job of dissolving the makeup and removing it; however for eyeliner you have to either use more product or rub more. I heard the Sonia Shuck is a good one, any recommendations?
It retails for $8.93 on Derma E on Amazon. 





I've repurchased this product dozens of times! I switched over to this brand for skin care after I discovered that Burt's Bees is not cruelty-free. (I used to use the Burt's Bees Acne Solutions Purifying gel Cleanser). Desert Essence is an amazing brand. This cleanser has tea tree oil which is a magical oil, magical! If you have dry skin, look for the 'normal skin' wash. I've used both and this one is definitely best for oily skin. It will leave your skin feeling dry so make sure to use a good face moisturizer. 
It retails for $9.29 on the desert essence website. 




A week ago I was stung by a bee on my left index finger. Just my luck! I went to the doctor because it was very swollen. I turns out I had an infection, called cellulitis. I was prescribed antibiotics to fight it off. This medication makes your skin more sensitive to sunlight.  I'd purchased this sunscreen a few weeks back. I didn't really wear sunscreen regularly and so I wanted to find something that would protect my skin without making it oily; it does claim that it won't clog your pores. This sunscreen by alba is wonderful. I've noticed that the dark marks on my face have diminished. It doesn't claim to do anything of the sort, but I've certainly seen a transformations just in the softness of my skin. I am converted & wear my sunscreen everyday!
Retails for $10.99 on alba botanica's site. 



 Oh coconut oil! How I love thee! I could write 100s of poems about my love-affair with this product. I've used it in the past; however only for my hair. I decided to start applying a little before bed. It will leave your skin looking extremely shinny but it's wonderful!! I'm not a doctor but I am not aware about all the benefits of using coconut oil such as: hydrating for skin, killing off bacteria, etc. (To read more about it click here). I am certain introducing coconut oil to my skin care routine has been greatly responsible for my skin's change. If you've never tried coconut oil for your face & skin please do.!! Make sure you buy as pure & natural as you can! 
It's on sale right now for $9.71 on abesmarket!



Hope you got some good recommendations & will try some of these products! 
 Lots of Love,
Camila


8 comments:

  1. Belated Merry Christmas,
    they sound good all of them, even I don't use those kind of cleansers they looks good I use natural soaps
    coconut oil is great love to use it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great cruelty free skin care line is One Love Organics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good grief! I just bought some of the Burt's Bees cleanser :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Icequeen81 Thank you! Please give me recommendations, I'd love to try some :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Amanda Weaver
    Will look into them! Thanks for the feedback :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Peppermint Ph. D. Going cruelty-free is a process. Don't be hard on yourself! When you run out of Burt's Bees try Desert Essence!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Camilla. As a makeup artist I have tried a bizillion eye makeup removers and this by far is my fave. The trick is to state your cotton ball and gold it to your eye for a few seconds to loosen all of the makeup before removing. I use waterproof eyeliner and mascara and it works like a charm. I also use coconut oil at night as a moisturiser. My skin had never looked better.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Shawna Del Real : Thanks for the tip! I will give it another shot! I did like it though :D

    ReplyDelete

Please utilize this comment section for feedback. If you have a question, message me on facebook. It's easier that way to answer your questions directly. :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Main-nav-Menu (Do Not Edit Here!)