Monday, January 6, 2014

Benefit Cosmetics | Animal Testing Inquiry

UPDATE: A lot of you are letting me know (in the comments) that benefit sells in China. Which in itself tells us that animal testing has occurred. I will not be supporting them! Check out their site. 


Hey guys!
I contacted Benefit some time in December. I got a reply from them. I stalled in sharing it because I found it rather vague. However, I thought you'd like to read it and I would also share my thoughts. 

I emailed them using the same format I always use. 

This was their reply:

Hi Camila,
Benefit does not test our cosmetic products on animals. When selecting the ingredients to be used in our cosmetic products, Benefit requires raw material suppliers to provide safety information based on scientifically accepted alternative testing methods that meet international safety standards and regulations. Benefit products must meet both consumers’ needs and consumer safety, while respecting animal life. Benefit continues to strongly support & favor alternative testing and is committed to following all animal testing laws and regulations in order to ensure our products’ safety for the end consumer. 

First of all, they did not address all of my questions. Secondly, as you can tell (I'm sure), the part I've bolded is the definition of vague. They claim to use alternatives to animal testing, but also follow "animal testing laws and regulations". I don't want to speculate too much, but I have a bad feeling about this. I certainly would not purchase from them at this time. I will try to contact them again, asking them to be more specific. I will keep you guys updated. 

Lots of Love,
Camila


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please utilize this comment section for feedback. If you have a question, message me on facebook. It's easier that way to answer your questions directly. :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Main-nav-Menu (Do Not Edit Here!)