Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Nature's Better Body || Animal Testing Inquiry



Hey guys! I received an email, a month or so ago from a representative of Nature's Better Body. They wanted to send me samples of one of their products to review.

However, I had never heard of their company before. Therefore, I inquired about their animal testing policy, using the format I use to contact all companies.


I would like to work with Nature's Better Body, but first I would need you to answer questions (provided below). Once, I determine if Nature's Better Body meets the criteria I look for determining a company's cruelty-free status, then we can discuss my reviewing your product. Thanks for thinking of me.

1. Does your company test ingredients or/and finished products on animals? 
2. Do you test ingredients or products on animals through a 3rd party? If your answer is no, how do you ensure that your manufacturers do not test?  
3. Do your manufacturers test ingredients or products on animals? 
4. Are you owned or affiliated with any companies that test products or ingredients on animals? 
5. Do you have a parent company? If so who are they?  
6. Do you/your parent company currently or have plans to market and sell your products in the Chinese market, which requires animal testing by law to sell in that country? 
7. Do you use palm oil/carnuaba wax in any of your products? If so, is it from an organic and sustainable source?  
8. Could you provide a list of all of your current vegan items available for purchase?
I received a reply, a couple of days later.

1. Does your company test ingredients or/and finished products on animals? We never test on animals 
2. Do you test ingredients or products on animals through a 3rd party? If your answer is no, how do you ensure that your manufacturers do not test? No, all of our products are designed and made in Los Angeles in our own facility.  We test our products with our family and friends exclusively. 
3. Do your manufacturers test ingredients or products on animals? No 
4. Are you owned or affiliated with any companies that test products or ingredients on animals? No 
5. Do you have a parent company? If so who are they? No 
6. Do you/your parent company currently or have plans to market and sell your products in the Chinese market, which requires animal testing by law to sell in that country? No 
7. Do you use palm oil/carnuaba wax in any of your products? If so, is it from an organic and sustainable source? We do not use either of these ingredients in our products. 
8. Could you provide a list of all of your current vegan items available for purchase? Our eye cream is currently our only product, we will be releasing more soon. 
As you can tell, they meet the criteria I look for when determining a company's CF status.

I rarely get emails from companies seeking to send me products to review. Which doesn't bother me (sure it'd be nice) because I started this blog to share information and meet people who had similar interests, not to get 'stuff' out of it. I'm excited to be working with Nature's Better Body!

Leave me any feedback you'd like!

Lots of Love,
Camila




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please utilize this comment section for feedback. If you have a question, message me on facebook. It's easier that way to answer your questions directly. :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Main-nav-Menu (Do Not Edit Here!)