Saturday, December 28, 2013

Sigma Beauty | Animal Testing Correspondence



Hey guys! I got a reply from Sigma. I wanted to share it right away because the correspondence I had with them was smooth! I didn't have to email them more than once, which is nice. 

I emailed them using the format I always use.

This was their reply:


Hello Camila,

Thank you for your email. I am happy to help you with these questions. I have provided the questions and answers below.


1. Does your company test ingredients or/and finished products on animals? NO
2. Do you test ingredients or products on animals through a 3rd party? If your answer is no, how do you ensure that your manufacturers do not test? NO
3. Do your manufacturers test ingredients or products on animals? NO

4. Are you owned or affiliated with any companies that test products or ingredients on animals? NO
5. Do you have a parent company? If so who are they? 
NO, Sigma does not have a parent company.
6. Do you/your parent company currently or have plans to market and sell your products in the Chinese market, which requires animal testing by law to sell in that country? NO
7. Do you use palm oil/carnuaba wax in any of your products? If so, is it from an organic and sustainable source?
 Yes, extracted from the leaves of Carnauba palm. Yes the Carnauba wax is sustainable and organic.
8. Could you provide a list of all of your current vegan items available for purchase? 
All of our Synthetic brushes are Vegan and can be found here http://www.sigmabeauty.com/category_s/50.htm

Please let me know if you have any other questions I can help you with.

Best Regards,

I'm excited share this with you all. You can imagine I was quite happy when I received this reply. 
As for what I look for when determining cruelty-free status, Sigma Beauty meets my criteria. I look for three major factors when determining the animal testing status of a company: parent company , suppliers of raw ingredients, and if products are sold in China. To read more about why I look for these criteria, click here

Share your feedback! 
Lots of Love,
Camila 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please utilize this comment section for feedback. If you have a question, message me on facebook. It's easier that way to answer your questions directly. :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Main-nav-Menu (Do Not Edit Here!)