I wanted to share with you a product that has both wowed me and made my night time routine a breeze! I'm talking about the MakeUp Eraser!
I was sent this by the lovely Kim Wolf. She contacted me asking if I was interested in reviewing this product. I had not heard anything about it and didn't know anything about the company. Therefore, I asked her to provide for me information about the company's [MakeUp Eraser] cruelty-free status.
I used the template I always use when I email companies! Click here to check it out and feel free to use it. (Just use your name).
I received a reply:
1. Does your company test ingredients or/and finished products on animals? NO
2. Do you test ingredients or products on animals through a 3rd party? NO. If your answer is no, how do you ensure that your manufacturers do not test? Our product is manufactured in China through our specs and we do not test on animals nor did we ok testing on animals.
3. Do your manufacturers test ingredients or products on animals? We are unaware of any testing.
4. Are you owned or affiliated with any companies that test products or ingredients on animals? We are not affiliated with any other company.
5. Do you have a parent company? If so who are they? No parent company.
6. Do you/your parent company currently or have plans to market and sell your products in the Chinese market, which requires animal testing by law to sell in that country? We do not currently sell to the Chinese market and have no current plan to do so.
7. Do you use palm oil/carnuaba wax in any of your products? If so, is it from an organic and sustainable source? We have no oils or wax in our product it is 100% polyester
8. Could you provide a list of all of your current vegan items available for purchase? The MakeUp Eraser cloth is our only product.
Please let me know if you would still like to try our MakeUp Eraser. We not only don't allow testing on animals, but because it's a soft cloth that you just add warm water to...there are no soaps or chemicals to put into our rivers and streams.
I look forward to hearing from you!
Note: I always get this question: If a company manufactures in China does that mean they test on animals!? The simple answer is no. However, check out Logical Harmony's post for far more details!
As you can see by the reply I received the Makeup Eraser is cruelty-free! Yay!
Before you use it you need to wash it. Once you've washed it make sure to rinse any excess water. You want the cloth to be damp but NOT wet. I find it works best when it's damp.
One side has longer fibers and the other has shorter fibers. Use the side with the short fibers to remove your makeup and the long fibers side to exfoliate.
I have very few "bad" things to say about this product. It is awesome! I am so impressed I want to get one for all the ladies in my life. Especially my mom because she is infamous for "forgetting" to take her makeup off at night. It drives me crazy!
Around the time I was sent this I was starting finals week! AHHH! Needless to say, I didn't have time for anything and at night I was beyond exhausted. Prior to using the Makeup Eraser I used my Mineral Fusion makeup remover. I still LOVE this makeup remover but to quickly remove your makeup the MakeUp Eraser wins!
I was wearing very little makeup during finals week. I'm talking about foundation, eyeshadow and mascara. It got that off easily. On the weekends and after finals I wore more makeup. I'm talking about eyeliner and purple and bronzy shadows. It also got that off easily! That's when I really became super impressed!
It's suppose to remove water proof mascara and eyeliner, however I do not use waterproof mascara or eyeliner so I can't say if it works for that.
I've had it for a month now and it seems to work better with use.
I really am not being paid to say all of this. The only benefit I got was being able to test something for free. I really love this product and can't see myself using anything else.
Upon the first two or so uses I had a few fussy balls of pink fiber on my face. It wasn't super annoying, but definitely a bit weird.
It does not stain, meaning I was able to remove the mascara and foundation off the cloth, but you do need to wash it very well! Put a bit of elbow grease into it.
I worried about the hygienic side of this cloth. Be sure to wash it well and give it a deep wash at least twice a week. I mean using tea tree soap and other bacteria killing soap safe for your face.
If you would like to try the Makeup Eraser check out Authentic MakeUp Eraser. It retails for only $19.97! You will be buying if from Kim Wolf (she's a distributor) who reached out to me. I would really appreciate if you support her! She's super sweet and also a fellow cruelty-free makeup lover!
I hope you enjoyed this review! I love finding innovative products and sharing them with you guys!
Lots of Love,Camila