Thursday, January 9, 2014

BECCA Cosmetics | Animal Testing Inquiry


UPDATE: Thank you guys for helping me figure this puzzle out. A wonderful reader (see comments) gave me this link where it states BECCA's parent company(Cosmetic Developments Limited). I will be emailing them! Also, I'm not 100% how the regulations go for Hong Kong (i've heard repeatedly that they aren't the same as those for mainland China). I'm not expert on this & will have to contact LeapingBunny to ask them about this. I will keep you guys posed! I valve you're input tremendously!



Hey guys.
I emailed BECCA and received a reply. They answered all my questions and I find that the information provided is useful. However, I was left with more questions! Ok, enough teasing, this is what I received:

Hi Camila,
Happy Wednesday and thank you for writing in with your BECCA inquiry!
1. Does your company test ingredients or/and finished products on animals? No2. Do you test ingredients or products on animals through a 3rd party? If your answer is no, how do you ensure that your manufacturers do not test?  No. We have documentation that states such under EU Law.3. Do your manufacturers test ingredients or products on animals? No4. Are you owned or affiliated with any companies that test products or ingredients on animals? No5. Do you have a parent company? If so who are they? Yes we do have a parent company6. Do you/your parent company currently or have plans to market and sell your products in the Chinese market, which requires animal testing by law to sell in that country? We don’t have a distributor that specifically covers Mainland China. However, our international Distributors cover Hong Kong, Macau, and Taiwan that service many tourists from China.7. Do you use palm oil/carnuaba wax in any of your products? If so, is it from an organic and sustainable source? We have Carnauba Wax in mascara, compact concealer, pressed bronzer (duende), nude lip liner .8. Could you provide a list of all of your current vegan items available for purchase?
Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed Opal, Moonstone and TopazBronzing Skin PerfectorUltimate Color GlossRadiant Skin Creamy ConcealerMatte Skin Shine Proof FDTResurfacing Primer 
Thoughts:
1. Why didn't they state their parent company? I actually googled it but haven't found a name. If you know let me know!!
2. Their answer to the China question. WHAT?! I am typing this rather late at night, maybe I'm reading it wrong, but I don't understand their answer. I will email them back and ask for clarification.

Let me know what you think!! If you know something, share with us!

Lots of Love,
Camila


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please utilize this comment section for feedback. If you have a question, message me on facebook. It's easier that way to answer your questions directly. :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Main-nav-Menu (Do Not Edit Here!)