Thursday, August 21, 2014

Sugar Scrub vs Sugar Scrub || Tree Hut & Love & Toast

 

Hey guys! So I really wanted to share my thoughts on two very good sugar scrubs you might want to check out. Be forewarned, I do like both of these; however I do like one better than the other. I will share which at the end of this post. I hope you find this helpful or at least fun to read.

**I bought these with my own money. 


Left: Tree Hut, Right: Love & Toast 



I picked up the Love & Toast Salt'n Sea Sugar Scrub at Burlington. If you've never heard of Burlington it is like Marhsalls, Ross, & TjMax store. I saw it on the clearance area with all their beauty products. I normally retails for $10.99, according to their site. I think this Salt'n Sea one has been discontinued because I do not see it on their site.

Pros:
The sugar granulars are perfect, they exfoliate without scratching the skin. I also like the fact that this sugar scrub lathers! No where on the bottle does it claim to act as a body wash, however I will say the fact it lathers makes it easier to scrub on the skin and makes my skin feel cleaner. It seems to stick to the skin a little bit better. 

As you can this scrub is lacking horrible ingredients which is a great! (I stated that really weird, but I liked how it sounded! hehe! ). 




Cons:

The product got stuck and I had to unscrew the lid to get the product out, as a result a bunch of scrub exploded all over my tub! Not okay! The sugar and the soapy 'body wash' seemed to separate and so the sugar gathered at the bottom and made squeezing the product a headache a times. I did not see "be sure to shake" on the directions which you can argue is logically but it was still annoying. ( I guess it's not logical to me, haha!) 

The scent. I think most girls prefer sweet, fruity, floral scents in sugar scrubs, etc. Maybe that's why this scent appears to be discontinued. I'm being totally biased, fyi. 

Comments: 

My skin felt very smooth! Using a nice scrub after shaving your legs is the best feeling ever! So it does do it's job very well.           
                                      
I am not a fan of the scent. It's not bad, it smells cleanliness and like the saltiness of an ocean. If you like those scents I'm sure you'll like it. I prefer sweet and fruity scents so this one isn't my favorite. 

This bottle is 5.75 oz! I lasted me exactly four uses. Which seeing as I exfoliate my legs and arms in summer at least twice a week I feel that's expected.








I have a Snatch-It-Up Sunday post on the "Coconut Lime" Shea Sugar Scrub from Tree Hut, so I have used this one before where I have not used the Love & Toast scrubs before. Keep that in mind.

Pros:

These retail for $ 7.49 at Ulta and you get 18 oz!! I bought this one at the beginning of June and was able to use it up until the last week for July. I used it at least twice a week on my legs and arms. I mean you cannot beat that.

I really love the sugar granulars, they are not too scratchy yet you definitely feel your skin is exfoliated. 

I love the scent. Granted I do love fruity scents! Meanwhile they have a variety of scents to choose from. Also, the scent lingered on my skin almost all day! Not like freshly applied perfume, more like a light body spray you might sense a few times a day. 

Cons:

Unlike the Love & Toast sugar scrub this one does not lather. Before I tried the Love & Toast scrub I probably wouldn't of cared but now that I have I must say I like a good lather.

Water from the shower does tend to get into the container, however you can fix this by closing the lid before you turn the shower on. It's just a little annoying. 

I'm too lazy to look up the ingredients on this one so I can't be sure, but they do not state if this guy is paraben free, etc. 

Comments:
I don't care much for the ingredients. I don't have sensitive skin, so really that does not bother me much. 






Which one do I prefer?: 

I prefer the Tree Hut Sugar Scrub. I think it works just as well with the same quality sugar granulars. It lasts longer and you cannot beat the price.

I hope you found this helpful. I tried to make this as unbiased as possible. (I might have failed). Which one sounds better to you?


Lots of Love,
Camila




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please utilize this comment section for feedback. If you have a question, message me on facebook. It's easier that way to answer your questions directly. :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Main-nav-Menu (Do Not Edit Here!)