Monday, September 24, 2012

Urban Decay



Hey guys.
I emailed Urban Decay, using the format letter. I received a reply today. I would like to share it :

"Dear Ms. Camila Alvarez,
Customer Service has forward your email to me.
    We at Urban Decay Cosmetics are extremely concerned about our customer's satisfaction and do value the input from our devoted customers, so we appreciate you writing to us in regards to the research you are doing on animal testing. Please refer to the following links on our website to answer your questions-
http://www.urbandecay.com/Animal-Testing-Policy/animal-testing-policy,default,pg.html   We hope you continue to enjoy products from the Urban Decay line as you will continue to see our quality is amongst the very best. We truly appreciate and thank you for your patronage.
   Best regards,
UD Regulatory Department
Urban Decay Cosmetics LLC
833 W. 16th StreetNewport Beach, CA 92663Phone: 949.631.4504"



If you go to the link provided here is what it says:
"Animal Testing PolicyUrban Decay is a cruelty-free brand and is committed to ending animal testing. We do not test our finished products on animals, nor do we allow others to test on our behalf. Additionally, we require our suppliers to certify that the raw materials used in the manufacture of our products are not tested on animals. Our practices are certified by both PETA and The Leaping Bunny Program (CCIC) as cruelty-free."





Usually when companies state that their final product is not tested on animals, it implies that their ingredients might be tested on animals. However, it specifically states that the "raw materials" meaning the ingredients are not tested on animals. UrbanDecay, also states that they require suppliers to certify the "raw materials" as cruelty-free. If you have looked at the cruelty-free lists offered by both PETA and LeapingBunny.org you would be similar with UrbanDecay as one of the few huge makeup companies that are widely known as cruelty-free. So why was I inclined to follow up on them?

Its important to conduct your own research. Its easy, specially in our society, to be gullible and apathetic in regards to facts or news. Although, PETA and LeapingBunny are both committed to helping those of us who want to go cruelty-free, they can make mistakes. In order for me to feel secure in my purchase of cruelty-free cosmetics I need to "see" the truths for myself. I encourage you to use PETA and Leaping Bunny and my blog as accessories to your research. That's another reason I strongly encourage you all to email these companies and ask them about their policies. See for yourself first, then make an educated decision. If you do contact these companies please share below in the comments or email me at ca.alva@yahoo.com.




So now, how do I feel about purchasing from UrbanDecay?

I feel more comfortable. Will I go out and get myself the Naked Palette, as of now? No. I heard many contradictory stories about UrbanDecay. From random blogs. (Read veggiebeauty.com).

Therefore, I emailed them back, asking about their policy for selling in China. Many cruelty-free companies sell in China, through the web and therefore, do not need regulate to China's required testing on animals policy. Once, I get a response I will share it here.




Comment below and tell me how you feel about UrbanDecay.




-Camila


Badgley Mischka Shoes (Light Pink Satin) - Women's Wedding Shoes - 10.0 M (Google Affiliate Ad) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please utilize this comment section for feedback. If you have a question, message me on facebook. It's easier that way to answer your questions directly. :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Main-nav-Menu (Do Not Edit Here!)