Thursday, January 3, 2013

Eyes Lips Face

Hey guys.


      I've been "monitor" shopping, basically meaning I've been looking at beauty products online. A few things have caught my eye from the ELF.com website. And like I always do when one a product catches my eye, I check that company's cruelty-free status. 


      I noticed, I had yet to mention ELF on my blog. Like many other company's, ELF has yet to reply to me, about their cruelty-free status. At this point, I think the only manner in which they will pay attention to me, is if I march to their office in NYC. I would be willing to do that to, but of course I live on a college student's salary. 

      So I guess we'll have to settle for looking at their FAQ page, at least for now.
      I know, it bothers me too. When purchasing from a well-known company to go-off their FAQ page, but alas with ELF I feel a bit more secure to do so. ELF is listed on PETA's DO NOT TEST list, as a company that does NOT conduct animal-testing. 
      Any who. Here is what it states on their FAQ page
" Do you test on animals?
 We do NOT test on animals or endorse such practices. Our products do not contain animal derived ingredients. Beeswax has been replaced by synthetic beeswax and lanolin has been replaced by Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladinpale-2. We currently support HSUS and are partners with PETA in the Caring Consumer Project. Please see our philosophy page for further explanation on our company."
      
I won't be discussing, ELF's philosophy, because this blog only looks at a company's cruelty-free status; which, in my opinion in itself says a lot about a company's philosophy. I will link it here, if you are interested in checking it out. 
     
      It warms my heart when company's go the extra mile to replace their animal derived ingredients, such as beeswax and lanolin, with synthetic materials. Although, I am not vegan, I am vegetarian. As you can see, ELF is cruelty-free according to their website. Although, I will request a proper correspondence from an ELF representative. As you known, I appreciate the credibility that comes along with an official correspondence. 
      I really admire their stance on animal testing and their stance on good-quality ingredients for a great price. 
     I really urge you to contact ELF for yourself. Maybe you will have better success in contacting them. If you do, I would really appreciate it if you share it here. 


-Camila Alvarez <3 



4 comments:

  1. I heard that their ingredients are made in China, and if China requires animal testing, does that mean e.l.f. is not animal cruelty?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *not animal cruelty free?

      Delete
    2. Hi there,
      Yes I know. I've been in contact with them, but so far they haven't answered (clearly) what it could mean. If you check out PETA's list you will see that they are listed. I had them on my list, but have taken them off, because they haven't given me a satisfactory answer. I personally, would avoid purchasing from them (unless necessary). This puts pressure on them to answer the question. I urge you to email them yourself, maybe if they see a lot of people want to know, they will address the issue. http://www.eyeslipsface.com/contactus.asp
      I'm sorry i can't give you a more concise answer. :(

      Delete
    3. **If they are made in China, it does not necessarily mean they are cruelty-free. Only if a product is sold, is when we can assume it must have been tested at some point. (As Chinese law requires it) I hope that makes sense. :)

      Delete

Please utilize this comment section for feedback. If you have a question, message me on facebook. It's easier that way to answer your questions directly. :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Main-nav-Menu (Do Not Edit Here!)