Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Kinky-Curly | Hair Products


Hello guys! I hope you are having a wonderful day!

Today, I received a reply from Kinky-Curly. If you've never heard of them, they make hair products specifically geared towards women (&men) with luscious curly or kinky hair.

I've heard some cruelty-free YouTube gurus talk about their products and I've seen PETA's bunny logo on their products; however, I felt the need to email them myself.

I emailed them using the format I always use. Click on here to see it.


They emailed me back within a couple of days:

Hi Camila 
Thank you for emailing us.Kinky-Curly Hair Care does not test on animals.
Also we do not work with any 3rd parties who test on animals.
We have no plans to sell our products to a market that requires our products be tested on animals.
As you can see they meet the three criteria that I look for when I add a company to My Cruelty-Free List. They are also verified by PETA. I also appreciate that they got to the point! Many companies babble about their "efforts to end animal testing", yet they sell in the Chinese market (which requires animal testing).

As of now I would feel safe purchasing from Kinky-Curly, especially as someone with curly hair!

Let me know if you've tried Kinky-Curly products! Leave me any feedback you'd like!

Until Next Time,
Camila






4 comments:

  1. Hi, I emailed Yes To and I got this response from them.
    Thank you so much for taking the time to reach out! We do not test on animals. We do post our position on animal testing on our website in our FAQ’s:
    http://www.yestocarrots.com/faq.html

    So you don’t have to dig through our FAQ’s page, our official stance is that Yes To is, in fact, against animal testing, and we ensure all of our manufacturers adhere to this same principle. We are committed to partnering with global agencies to eliminate animal testing, find safe and effective testing alternatives, and ensure product and consumer safety.

    We don't sell Yes To products in China. We are currently working with global organizations to help change legal regulations to help advocate against animal testing
    I was wondering if you could help me figure out what this means. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello there & I would love to help you out!
      Well, a really great sign is that Yes To, confirms that they do not retail their products in China. Chinese law says that for a cosmetic company to sell in the country, animal testing is required. Meaning, cosmetic companies that sell in China at some point or another must have tested. They also say that they advocate for a reform for the Chinese law. I would email them again & ask about their 3rd party vendors and their parent company. If they are owned by a company that does test on animals; my personal belief, is that you have no idea where you money goes after you pay the cashier & it could be (mostly likely is) funding animal testing. At least in some form or another. I'm actually going to contact them again, I had contacted them (i think, I contact so many sometimes I lose track ; ) in the past & didn't receive a reply. Would you mind if I shared what the reply they send you? Email me at ca.alva@yahoo.com if you want to message me in private. I hope that helped! Feel free to ask me more questions : D

      Delete
  2. Ooooh! I've never heard of them but I may look into them now since I'm a curly girly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Robyn! You should, I heard their products work wonders! I am also going to purchasing from them soon! : D

      Delete

Please utilize this comment section for feedback. If you have a question, message me on facebook. It's easier that way to answer your questions directly. :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Main-nav-Menu (Do Not Edit Here!)