Friday, September 27, 2013

Two-Types of Animal Testing?

Hey guys!

 I have a really long, complicated correspondence with Essence beauty. I received a reply from them and learned about their parent company, cosnova. Of course, I had to email them as well. The reply I got from cosnova is long and leaves me with more questions than answers. They talk about two-types of animal testing. One for testing "effectiveness of cosmetics" and one for "'toxicological profile'" of ingredients. I honestly, don't know what they are talking about. I need to do my homework, if you will, because I am confused. Would you mind if I shared this un-comprehensive reply? I think it would help me and everyone out. Maybe we can have a discussion in the comments about what this means and implies.
 

Lots of Love,
Camila

4 comments:

  1. Hmm, that does sound quite confusing! My guess is that when they refer to the 'toxicological profile' of the ingredients, they're talking about the threats that they might pose to human health, whereas the 'effectiveness of cosmetics' is how good the product is at doing what it says on the packaging. It would have been nice if they could have been a bit clearer though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What are they doing, putting lipstick on a pig, literally, to see how well it looks after five hours? lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your wonderful feedback. I am going to share their correspondence but I WON'T be putting them in the cruelty-free list, at least not for now. I also found this site : http://www.lcanimal.org/index.php/campaigns/class-b-dealers-and-pet-theft/vivisectionanimals-in-research?gclid=COqW99TP77kCFeV0Qgodkn4AUQ . It has a bunch of info!!

    ReplyDelete

Please utilize this comment section for feedback. If you have a question, message me on facebook. It's easier that way to answer your questions directly. :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Main-nav-Menu (Do Not Edit Here!)