Monday, October 15, 2012

Wet N' Wild



Hey guys.

     I have tried to communicate with Wet N' Wild for some time now and have been unsuccessful. Although, I have a good idea of their animals testing policy, I want a representative to reassure me. So far this is what I know:



On WNWbeauty.com (Wet N' Wild's website), if you search under contact, you will find a Q & A section. This is their answer in regards to their animal testing policy:

"What is wet n wild's animal testing policy?

As a Peta-certified, cruelty-free brand, we're proud to say we have never and will never test on animals. We also make it a point to work with cruelty-free, third-party vendors. wet n wild loves our furry, scaly, and feathery friends!"



Wet N' Wild is on Peta's List of Companies that DO NOT!!! test on animals. They are not on LeapingBunny's list, however. When you look at Peta's list you will notice that in parenthesis it says (Markwins). That indicates the parent company. Meaning Wet N' Wild is owned by Markwins International. If you scroll down to the m's, you'll also notice that Markwins International is also on Peta's List of Companies that DO NOT test on animals. When you are fighting for animal rights and to end animal testing, you have to look at the parent company. Take a company like Burt's Bee's who claims to be natural and cruelty-free; however, it is operated by Clorox a company that does animal testing. If you are supporting one company you are also supporting its parent company. Be careful and do research, triple check if you must.

Although, I have a good feeling about Wet N' Wild I will put off buying their products until I receive proper confirmation from a representative. I also want to look into Markwins International and check out what other companies they own. If you have any information you want to share contact me at ca.alva@yahoo.com . Comment below, I would love to hear your opinion.




-Camila A.

4 comments:

  1. I was wondering if you had heard anything about Wet N' Wild as I have been trying to go cruelty free for a while and saw they were on the PETA website as OK but they are made in China so I was a bit confused, due to China's animal testing laws.

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As of now, China requires beauty companies to test their products on animals in order to sell in the country. I would assume, that the industry that packages the products, like in Wet N' Wild's case (and other companies), are separate from the ones that test on animals. But I would be lying if I told you I was completely sure. I am assuming this because the people who package the products and produce them are usually factory workers, where as the ones that conduct the animal testing are scientists. Also, the products made in China are shipped to the USA and sold here, they are not necessarily sold in the country. I don't know if you heard, but PETA actually granted chinese scientist, $33,000 for alternative methods to animal testing. So hopefully, China might consider rewriting their law! I will however, be sure to do more research. I love sharing because then I can look-into things I would of never thought of. Thank you so much for that question! I will definitely keep you informed!
      -Camila

      Delete
    2. Thanks so much. I thought it was maybe the case that it was ok as long as it wasn't sold there but I wasn't sure. Thanks again.

      Delete
    3. Yes! So happy I was able to help. I will however, keep you informed once I learn more :)

      Delete

Please utilize this comment section for feedback. If you have a question, message me on facebook. It's easier that way to answer your questions directly. :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Main-nav-Menu (Do Not Edit Here!)