Saturday, February 8, 2014

ELF's Moisturizing Lipsticks Swatches and Review ||


Hey guys! I wanted to share some pics and my thoughts on ELF's Moisturizing Lipsticks. 
They retail for $3 on the ELF site! 
I've had them for about a month. 
I picked up: 'Red Carpet', 'Velvet Rope', 'Ravishing Rose', and 'Coral Cutie' ! 

On the packaging they originally come in, it says:
"The velvet, satin texture glides on lips with vibrant color and luminous shine." 

I would agree with this. They are creamy and really opaque, and leave your lips with a nice shine. However, I noticed that 'Ravishing Rose' is more matte and less shiny. Compared to the others, it does not leave my lips feeling as moisturized. I say 'as moistuized' because these lipsticks do leave your lips feeling nice and plump. They feel nice and comfortable! I was really surprised and pleased because my lips seem to always be dry, especially during these cooler days.  

They are so nice and creamy!  I can't stress that enough. They apply nicely and consistently, not patchy at all. 
They are also supposed to be 'long-lasting'. I agree completely. However, if you plan to spend 12-hours out (like me on the weekdays at school) you will need to reapply. If you don't, you'll have a nice stain! It's lovely! 

Going back to 'Ravishing Rose', I love this color. It's my favorite of the bunch and I find myself wearing it the most. It's such a beautiful color and if you like berry-rosey lipies you won't be disappointed. Having said that, this one is more like a regular lipstick. It's not as moisturizing. It's definitely not uncomfortable to wear but I just thought I'd mention it.

SCENT: They have a subtle vanilla aroma. I like it a lot! 

Overall I am very very please, and wish my Target sold more ELF products so I didn't have to order them online. Also, ELF when are you planning of setting up a store in California? Please make my wish come true! 



Definitely small enough to fit in your bag for travel. They come in a square tub, rather than your traditional round one. I think it's really different and nice. It also looks very chic and expensive! 


With FLASH 

Without FLASH in natural lighting. 

SURPRISE Product. 

ELF's $1 Lipstick in 'sociable'.
HAHA! *Insert evil genius laugh!*
I also picked this guy up along with the other lipies! I honestly haven't worn it yet, but I thought it'd be fun to share some swatches!

So far I can tell it's very opaque, but unlike the Moisturizing range this lipstick has tiny speaks of silver!
Usually I stay away from glittery or frosty lipsticks but I couldn't tell on the site. Also, it's really not as annoying as other lipsticks that have glitter. It's very minimal. (As far as I can tell). 




It's nice and sturdy packaging. Not as chic-looking but for a $1 lipstick, it's fine!



no flash

flash

Hope this was helpful or fun to read. I don't like making my reviews too long! I like to get right to the point, hope that's ok! Leave me feedback or just say Hi, if you'd like!

Lots of Love,
Camila

***Diclaimer: I bought these with my own money. However, if ELF sent me some stuff I wouldn't complain. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please utilize this comment section for feedback. If you have a question, message me on facebook. It's easier that way to answer your questions directly. :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Main-nav-Menu (Do Not Edit Here!)