Friday, February 28, 2014

Receiving Products for Free | Why I Appreciate it

Yes, I realize this picture has NOTHING to do with this post. Didn't know what picture to use, and decided I liked this one. :)


Hey guys!
 I asked your opinion on Facebook about bloggers that get products sent to them for reviews. I honestly want to know your opinions.

Do you care? If no, why? If yes, why?

 I have been a part of the YT Beauty community long before I started this blog. When well known gurus started getting 100,000s of views, sponsored videos became a big topic of discussion. To be honest it never bothered me. My opinion is that if someone is making videos solely for the money, it will be easy to spot and vice-versa for those who make videos (or write blog posts) because they have a passion for makeup.

I'm asking because I very much appreciate having products sent to me. Why? To be transparent & blunt because I can't afford to buy new products every other week. You guys know how crazy companies are about putting out new products, I cannot keep up with it, nor do I want to. I love makeup but I have other priorities. I am a full-time student and I work part time for minimum wage. Don't get me wrong, I'm not starving, I am blessed in so many ways! That's just the truth. I'm not trying to get you guys to feel bad for me, I'm just being real.

Anyways, that is why I appreciate having products sent to me, to either recommend or tell you to save your time and money. I'm very transparent & I'm sure it's evident. I understand the fear of dishonesty that comes with having products sent to bloggers, but dishonesty is also so easily detectable. I'm sure you guys know what I mean. When you feel like you're watching (or reading) a commercial rather than a review.

I am so strict about who I'm willing to work with. (I have two reviews of products I received for free). Both companies had to answer all the questions I use to ask every company about their CF status and of course their answers to those questions had to meet my criteria. Then I considered working with them.

I just wanted to let you know my reasons for accepting products (after I have determined their CF status). Also, I don't get products sent very often, as with my strict criteria. LOL.

Lots of Love,
Camila


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please utilize this comment section for feedback. If you have a question, message me on facebook. It's easier that way to answer your questions directly. :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Main-nav-Menu (Do Not Edit Here!)