Tuesday, March 11, 2014

NYX Above and Beyond Full Coverage Concealer | Review


Hey guys. So I picked this guy up sometime in January. Needless to say, I've had a good amount of time to play with it and decided I wanted to share my thoughts. It's the NYX Full Coverage Concealer in Beige. It retails for $4.99 at Ulta. (Which is where I bought mine.)

NYX has an awesome color selection. So I'm sure you'd be able to find a shade that will work with your complexion.

Packaging: 
I like the packaging, it's compact and slick. It's quite small and easy to fit into small corners. It's be great for traveling! No complaints there.

Texture:
Very creamy, easy to blend. Does not feel greasy on the skin. Once, it's blended it becomes significantly drier.

Coverage:
I think you can definitely get a good medium coverage with the concealer. It covers redness well, and the color is almost my same skin-tone. However, I noticed that when I tried to use it as a full-coverage concealer it became quite cake-y looking. If you notice in the packaging it claims to be 'crease -free'? Humm, not sure about that one....

Also, it magnified the pores around my cheeks and nose, which is not cute. Note: I did not use a primer with it. So I don't know how it would wear with a primer. I don't use face-primer.
I noticed it creasing, quite significantly, around my eyes. Even, after I set it with powder.

Did it break you out?: 
Yes! Unfortunately. I would usually just try to work with a product that I didn't love, but in this case I hardly see myself using this one. Maybe, on my legs (I do bruise like crazy). I don't feel too bad, it was $4.99. So yes, beware. Especially if you're one who has sensitive skin, when it comes acne.

Overall:
I will not be purchasing this one again. I will however, try more of NYX face stuff.

*I bought this product with my own money. I am not being paid to review it. However, if NYX wanted to send me a few of their stuff to review, I wouldn't mind. ;) 

I hope this was helpful. Do you own this product? Do you disagree with me, yes or no? I would love to read any feedback you have! What is your fav. CF concealer?

Lots of Love, 
Camila 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Please utilize this comment section for feedback. If you have a question, message me on facebook. It's easier that way to answer your questions directly. :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Main-nav-Menu (Do Not Edit Here!)