Wednesday, March 26, 2014

My Cruelty-Free Journey || Learn From My Mistakes



When I decided to go cruelty-free, almost two years ago, I went into it very independently. Meaning, I blew-off any online source for help (i.e. LeapingBunny, PETA) and blogs (i.e. Veggie Beauty, Logical Harmony...). Sounds crazy right? 

The reason for my madness was lack of knowledge. I'd only heard of VeggieBeauty's blog, LB, and PETA. I never thought of googling Is ____ a cruelty-free company?

Also, I didn't think many people were eager to go CF, and thought almost nobody had my same conviction. Though, I think this need for me to go at it alone, was good because I learned so much and it allowed me to shape my criteria for CF companies, it made life a whole-lot more difficult!

 There was no way I would be able to email every company and receive a reply within a year's time. I soon discovered that I needed help!!!

The moral of my telling you this (sorry for the tangent) is to let you know that it's OK to seek help! Meaning use your resources! However, don't rely on only one resource. Also, make up your mind about which brands you feel comfortable supporting. 

For example, from the beginning I decided I did not want to support CF companies that are owned by non-cruelty free parent companies. Though I do not regret this decision, seeing as I was just diving in to the CF world, it made it much more difficult! Which was discouraging! 

Today, I do not live in a 100% cruelty-free house hold. The biggest reason is that I cannot financially keep up that lifestyle. Also, because I live with my parents who do not have my same view points. I really, just try my best to support CF companies on terms that are reasonable to my lifestyle. 

I encourage you to do the same. Just supporting a few CF companies and educating your friends and family is already taking a giant step in the right direction. 


Lots of Love,
Camila







No comments:

Post a Comment

Please utilize this comment section for feedback. If you have a question, message me on facebook. It's easier that way to answer your questions directly. :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Main-nav-Menu (Do Not Edit Here!)