Saturday, December 1, 2012

UrbanDecay

Hey guys. 


So I've been investigating the whole L'oreal is buying out UrbanDecay ordeal and here is what I know so far. 
I looked all over the web and could not find an official press release statement from either UrbanDecay or L'oreal. I did however find a a website phyrra.net , where Phyrra posted her correspondence with UrbanDecay. (Please go click the link to read the original document). 

“As for the sale, we want to reassure our customers/fans that although our ownership is changing, our principles have not. L’Oreal is the industry leader in finding alternatives to animal testing. We’re excited to have a partner who has made and continues to make important changes in our industry. Thank you again.”



So what do I think about this entire thing?
      Honestly, I am so disappointed it makes me almost feel sick to my stomach. 
      Especially, when you are just beginning to replace the items in your makeup collection with cruelty-free. It's not just the convenience of companies like UrbanDecay, it is also the hope they give you about the future of the beauty industry. The fact that these companies can produce high-quality pigments: eyeshadows, lipsticks, lip-glosses; foundations in the fairest of ivory to the deepest of ebony without having to resort to the torture of innocent voice-less creatures. 
       I feel sick to my stomach because I feel that hope I have, not that it has been deminished, but it has been bruised. Meanwhile, it makes me more determined to boycott and educate people about these companies. 
   However, urge you to tell companies lie tarte, ELF, NYX, Wet N' Wild, etc... to stay strong in their animal testing policies. Basically, to let them know that we, the consumers, are out there and demand cruelty-free high-quality products. 
      As for me. I do not have a UrbanDecay product and now will never own one. I would never support a company that would change their moral values in a second for $350 million dollars.

-Camila Alvarez 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please utilize this comment section for feedback. If you have a question, message me on facebook. It's easier that way to answer your questions directly. :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Main-nav-Menu (Do Not Edit Here!)