Sunday, December 23, 2012

Mally Beauty


April 23, 2013 UPDATE: Still haven're received a formal reply from Mally. :(
Will keep you posted. 






Hey guys.

       So, I've been really horribly unsuccessful in receiving quick replies from companies! It's really frustrating, so I decided to take manners into my own hands. I've been going to companies web pages and looking at their "FAQ" pages, as they are commonly known. 

      Don't worry!!! I'm still contacting these companies, but I figured it would be a good idea to post these, in addition to my correspondences. Like I mentioned previously I like the credibility that comes from personally contacting the companies. 

      However, I still feel like I can trust what it says on these companies web page because these companies would look really bad, if they lied about their cruelty-free status. Trust me. Take PETA who are infamous for checking those kinds of things. The truth always comes out. 

     So, please be patient with me. I'm working hard!
     For now, lets look at what it says on Mally's Beauty web page, about their "tested on animals" status. 
MallyBeauty.com(Click picture to go to site) 
      
I was surprised by the humble, quirky answer to this question. I often receive, answers that are full of facts but often don't answer the question. Just check out my correspondence with L'Oreal, Maybelline, MAC, & Revlon. I just want an answer, even if the answer is not want I want to hear. I don't want to feel like these companies are testing my vocabulary. Hopefully, that makes sense. 

     I feel this answer, from Mally Beauty is trustworthy because they get right to it. I like how, they mention Mally's personal philosophy, "She always says, tested on celebrities, not on animals." I wish all companies would take on that approach. 
         So far, I would feel safe purchasing from Mally. I will however, keep you updated when they reply to me. 
UPDATE: Dec. 29, 2013*** I know I said I would feel safe purchasing from Mally, but the more I've learned about animal testing makes me very spectacle when companies don't address animal testing questions. I would NOT purchase from them until they address my questions & if they meet the criteria I look for. 

       Mally, is usually only found on QVC or on their website. I've never seen her products in a sephora or Ulta. According to their FAQ page, they are not sold in China. 






 -So what do you think? Let me know your honest opinion below. 
-Also, I would appreciate it if you would subscribe. Just look for the subscriber box, to the left. -----> 
It would make me really happy!!! <3 <3 <3 


-
-Camila A. 









6 comments:

  1. Oooh! Hopefully this is true because I quite like Mally's products.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'll see and find out. But I have a good feeling. :)

      Delete
  2. What is your opinion of carmine? :/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why can't I subscribe😞😣 this stuff is important to me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I contacted Mally Beauty as well, and told them I was a long-time customer, but that I am against animal testing, and could no longer purchase products that are tested on animals. I asked (begged really) Mally Beauty to add the leaping bunny logo to their products. The response stated that they would not put the leaping bunny on their packaging because it is a "political organization." Not true, really. The leaping bunny just verifies that the beauty products do not animal test through any of the production process, and that the ingredients used are cruelty-free.

    Truth is, Mally's packaging states that "this product was not tested on animals" - that means that the product could have been animal tested throughout the production process until the item was finalized. Her website states, "tested on celebrities, not animals." That again is a pretty wishy-washy statement. Nobody in their right mind would put products on Beyonce when no prior testing has been done. Right?

    Sorry, but I can't don't believe that Mally Beauty is cruelty free, and I will no longer be using her products.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kelli, as for your thought that Mally must test on animals at some stage.... well all it comes down to is using ingredients with a long history of safe use, so we know that they aren’t harmful in the first place. So the products don't have to be tested on animals at any stage. Keep in mind also that many of the companies that are on the peta list were around for a long time, hence have the money to throw out all packaging and re-do it with a symbol on it. Mally is fairly new in cosmetic years... It sounds like you are assuming a lot. Also people do volunteer to have products tested on them, assuming celebrities are smart is a mistake, they will try almost anything that their makeup artist tells them to or puts on them. It really isn't considered testing if the ingredients are already know to be safe. If there was animal testing done, I am sure that mally would be sold in China, cause it is a huge market. BUT it isn't like many others (China requires animal testing). Many big brands have lost their bunny ears just to sell in china. That is just my two cents.

    ReplyDelete

Please utilize this comment section for feedback. If you have a question, message me on facebook. It's easier that way to answer your questions directly. :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Main-nav-Menu (Do Not Edit Here!)