Sunday, December 16, 2012

L'oreal Update

Hey guys.

I'm in the process of contacting L'oreal, obviously, about their animal testing policy. Although, I have my suspicions about this company, I still feel the need to make it official. I am aware that L'oreal is sold in China. If you are new to the world of cruelty-free cosmetics; China requires any cosmetic company (and probably other non-beauty related companies) to conduct animal testing before selling in the country.

I have a good feeling about what I will hear back from L'oreal. Make of that what you will ;).

With the whole UrbanDecay disaster, I felt my research was incomplete. Although, my sources are highly credible, I still feel the need to provide you with my personal correspondence and the information I have gathered. If all the information I provided you was dependent on other resources, what would be the point of this blog?

Even though it takes longer to due because most companies take about 2-3 weeks to reply or some simply never reply, I feel the need to make it official. I'm sure you would agree. It makes me credible because I'm not just throwing out my own opinions or premonitions about a company, there is actual prove which helps you make your decision.

If I wanted, I could just take what I think I know and spurt out my opinions. Which, trust me I greatly enjoy doing, however I'm sure you appreciate the professionalism I take when it comes to the subject of animal testing. I take it very seriously and therefore want to make sure all my research is objective. Meanwhile, you can look forward to my very subjective opinions ONCE I have the prove to back them up.

I'm going to list all the companies, according to L'Oreal's website. 
L'oreal Paris
Garnier
Maybelline New York
Softsheen, Carson
CCB Paris
Essie

L'oreal Professionnel
Kerastase
Matrix
Pureology
Shu Uemura Art of Hair
Keraskin Esthetics
Essie

Lancome
Biotherm
Helena Rubinstein
Shu Uemura
Giorgio Armani
Ralph Lauren
Cacharel
Viktor & Rolf
Diesel
YSL Beaute
Maison Martin Margiela
Stella McCartney
YUE SAI
Vichy
La Roche Posay
inneov
Skinceuticals
Sanoflore
Roger&Gallet

The Body Shop


I do NOT support companies who claim to be cruelty-free but whose parent companies test on animals and sell in China. If a company falls under another company that conducts any type of animal testing, THAT COMPANY IS NOT CRUELTY-FREE. An example of that would be Burt's Bees, which is owned by Clorox. 

So if you are in the process of switching to 100% cruelty-free products and are unsure of L'oreal. I would highly suggest you hold off on purchasing any of their products for now. At least that is what I have done with any company I have been unsure of. 

As for now, I will cite L'Oreal's  FAQ page and be back shortly with a post dedicated to that. Once, I hear back from them I will let you know! 

If you need any help let me know in the comments or email me at ca.alva@yahoo.com . Don't hesitate, I really would love to help you in any way. Also, know that I understand how frustrating it can be to go through this process, but always remember why your doing it. For those innocent little creatures who deserve to be loved not poked and harassed 24/7. 

-Camila Alvarez 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for all your work Camila but as you say I think we know what to expect.

    I have nominated you for a Liebster Award, it helps new blogs get more exposure. Check it out at my blog!

    ReplyDelete

Please utilize this comment section for feedback. If you have a question, message me on facebook. It's easier that way to answer your questions directly. :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Main-nav-Menu (Do Not Edit Here!)