Monday, April 28, 2014

Alba Botanica :: natural hawaiian 3-in-1 clean towelettes || Review


Every time I take a look at the Alba-Botanica isle these "3-in-1-clean towelettes" have intrigued me. Seems like a good idea to have a makeup remover, cleansers and toner all in one. Sadly, I did not like these at all.

First, as a makeup remover these towels are terrible. On days I just wore mascara I could not fully remove all the residue. Instead I felt like the mascara was smeared all over the rest of my face. 

Then when I gave up on getting all the junk off, my face felt so sticky. Even using two towelettes was not enough. Definitely not a good towelette to use by itself as a cleanser. You are going to need to go back and wash your face with your favorite cleanser. Granted I would still go back-if the cleanser was good- and wash my face but on days I stay up too late and just want to crash, this product would be so annoying to use. 

Also, it burned my eyes. Which is terrible but expected. Think about it. If this towelette is going to function as a toner and you are using it to rub eyeliner, eyeshadow, and mascara off your eyes of course it's going to burn. If you've ever used toner you know it functions as a skin-tigthener. I found that most of the ones I've used make my skin (if I have a wound) burn. If the toner is alcohol-based it will absorb oil. It's just a mess! Meanwhile, it would be an ok toner by itself. It's just trying to use it in combination with a makeup remover that made this product very hard to use. 

I do not recommend this product and will not repurchase it.
I have been eyeing Yes to..'s line of towelettes. If you have a recommendation please let me know!
Hope you found this helpful. 

Lots of Love,
Camila





















































No comments:

Post a Comment

Please utilize this comment section for feedback. If you have a question, message me on facebook. It's easier that way to answer your questions directly. :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Main-nav-Menu (Do Not Edit Here!)