Sunday, April 6, 2014

Snatch-It-Up Sunday || NYX's stay matte but not flat powder


Hey guys!

So I decided to feature NYX's stay matte but not flat powder foundation for this week.

I think this powder is awesome but sadly, it does not get mentioned much among the beauty community. If you are new to cruelty-free makeup, I know how hard it is to find inexpensive powders at the drug-store. Granted this powder does retail for $9.99 at Ulta, so it's definitely higher up there, but trust me it's worth it. Please, save yourself some grieve and give this powder a try!

It gives your skin a skin like look. Yes, your skin looks matte but not dry. (As the name suggests). I don't know how to explain it better than that. Also, it will maintain that freshly applied look for a good five hours. I run around a lot through the day, but I find that I only have to re-apply once a day; on particularly hot days maybe twice. You might be able to wear it longer! Consider your skin-type.

While mattefying your skin, it will give you extra coverage. Some might find you can get away with just this powder. Meanwhile, if you are like me and want those spots to be concealed, you will appreciate the extra coverage. Don't use a heavy hand if you have applied liquid foundation, as you might get a cake-y look. Definitely do not use the sponge it comes with! Use a powder brush. I think the Real Techniques Buffer Brush is best for foundation-powders. Use a brush with more compact bristles. It gives you the perfect look.

The reason I realized how much I loved this powder this week, was because I  ran out (I still have a bit to use up) and got a new one. When you re-purchase a beauty product you know you like it. I did get a lighter shade the one I had before worked for me, but was a tiny-bite too dark. Be sure to get your correction shade! That's the good thing about Ulta, they have testers.

I hope you found this post informative or at least fun to read! I wish you a wonderful week! I'm going back to the grind of life, my Spring Break week is over! Oh well!


Lots of Love, 
Camila




*I bought this with my own money. But if NYX decided to send me stuff to try, I would not mind! ;) 
















No comments:

Post a Comment

Please utilize this comment section for feedback. If you have a question, message me on facebook. It's easier that way to answer your questions directly. :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Main-nav-Menu (Do Not Edit Here!)