Sunday, August 4, 2013

Light Mountain | Natural Hair Color and Conditioner | Cruelty-Free Inquiry



Hey guys. Someone on my facebook page requested that I look into cruelty-free hair color companies. I had seen Light Mountain in Sprouts and decided to go ahead and email them. I received a reply within 24-hours, which is always great & doesn't happen often! 

I emailed them using the format I usually use. Click here to see it. 

Light Mountain replied saying: (They went ahead and just answered directly from my email. Which I appreciated.)

To Whomever it May Concern:
I am doing research on animal testing, and I need to verify a few key points about your company. Please be sure to answer each question.  
1. Does your company test ingredients or/and finished products on animals?   NO. 
2. Do you test ingredients or products on animals through a 3rd party? If your answer is no, how do you ensure that your manufacturers do not test? NO.  we are party to the convention of Leaping Bunny which sets up protocols for both supplier declarations and for ongoing assurances that no animal testing is being done. 3. Do your manufacturers test ingredients or products on animals?   NO.  We actually do our own blending and we buy directly from the grower for all our raw materials, which are certified organic and monitored by 3rd party certification organizations.  There is no intervening manufacturer. 
4. Are you owned or affiliated with any companies that test products or ingredients on animals?  NO. 
5. Do you/your parent company currently or have plans to market and sell your products in the Chinese market, which requires animal testing by law to sell in that country?   NO 
6. Do you use palm oil/carnuaba wax in any of your products? If so, is it from an organic and sustainable source?   NOT USED. 
7. Could you provide a list of all of your current vegan items available for purchase? Our entire product line is Vegan.  You can see it at www.light-mountain-hair-color.com  we have 20 shades of hair color, 12 “regular” and 8 “color the gray” in the line.
Thank you so much for the information. Also note that any reply I receive, I will be sharing on humanelychic.blogspot.com, which now has over 20,000 views! -Camila A.

YAY!! They meet my three criteria! They are also 100% vegan which I know a lot of you will be really happy about! I'm actually thinking of lightening my hair, so I might be reviewing their products.

Until Next Time,
Camila

2 comments:

  1. I've bought their products before; their hair colour is definitely safer than that crap they sell in the normal stores. It's strange, but
    I'll cite a scary example: Lice are no longer easy to kill with pesticide-based treatments, which are dangerous, but most conventional hair colour will kill them. This means most hair colour is extremely dangerous. I now only try and use natural colour, if at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Mina. That is scary! Ugh, it's so upsetting too! I'm excited to try their products out. I might have a review up once I do :D

      Delete

Please utilize this comment section for feedback. If you have a question, message me on facebook. It's easier that way to answer your questions directly. :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Main-nav-Menu (Do Not Edit Here!)