Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Milani || Lipsticks Swatches and Review





Hey guys.
The other day I was in Walgreens and noticed they had a nice sale going for Milani products. I've always been intrigued by their lipsticks and decided to pick up two very opposite of the spectrum colors.
One is a beautiful pink cream nude and the other is a dark purple vampy matte.


Naturally Chic

Can you tell by I was very inclined to pick this shade up? I love the name. Also, I don't have have a nude color that is soft like this one. By soft I mean very subtle. I do have an NYX lippie in Cocoa but that one is very pigmented and if  I want to wear it like a nude I need to sheer it out. 
Meanwhile, If I wanted too I could build up the color to get a much richer pigment. As you can tell this is a cream finish lippie and I love it. It's not so creamy that it almost looks like it could double as a lip gloss. It does make my lips feel nice and moisturized. 
This particular day, my lips were really dry. In this picture you can't tell at all. 
It's a wonderful color and a lovely formulation.
It has a fruity-sweet scent. 


Sangria

Now this lipstick is almost a complete 180 of NaturallyChic. You can tell that it's a matte finish (as it gives off no shine). Which is fine, I love matte lipsticks.
 However, this lipstick is soo patchy. It make the dry parts of my lips stand out. Also, if I try to build up the color, some of the color I had already applied rubs off. Does that make sense? 
It's definitely not the most dry matte lipstick I've tried, but the application is so awful that it doesn't matter.
I mean it could be that I got the odd one out, maybe from a bad batch. Meanwhile, I'm not in love with this guy. I do love the color.
It also has a fruity-sweet scent.




Left: Sangria Right: Naturally Chic

I am 50 % and 50 % with this line of lipsticks. Granted, I have two of the dozens of shades that are out. I feel it would be unfair, especially as I LOVE NaturallyChic, to say I would not recommend these lipsticks. I will be purchasing more shades to get a real feel for them. 

If you have tried more of Milani's array of lippies let me know how you feel about them!! I would really love some shade suggestions! 

Lots of Love,
Camila




You can kind of tell in this picture what I mean by it (Sangria) being patchy.

** I was not sent or paid to review these lipsticks. I bought them with my own money and this review is honest and only of my experience. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please utilize this comment section for feedback. If you have a question, message me on facebook. It's easier that way to answer your questions directly. :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Main-nav-Menu (Do Not Edit Here!)