Thursday, June 19, 2014

NYX Bought by L'Oreal || My Advice of How To Deal with This News ||


Hey guys. I've been absolutely DREADING having to write this post. 


I'm tempted to run from the very comfortable couch I'm sitting on, I really don't want to talk or write about this situation.

If you want to read the full story click on the links. I won't be going into too much details on this post. 

L'Oreal is very much infamous for their continued use of animal testing on cosmetics. They also sell in China. I do not support any company L'Oreal owns. When Urban Decay was acquired by L'Oreal in November 2012 I was absolutely disgusted and today I feel the same way. 

My Advice:

I have many NYX eyeliners, foundations, lipsticks, and other stuff that I really love. While I will not be supporting NYX anymore I will not be throwing all my stuff away. I will use them up and I will be looking for other products (which I know are out there) that will work just as well or even better. Before I went CF I had a handful of Revlon lipsticks which I loved. I was not about to throw them away and I'm glad I didn't. First, I can still wear them and I do not want waste my well earned money. Second, I have them to compare to other brands. I have found just as good and in many cases even better products made by companies that are ethical (i.e. elf, Milani, Wet n' Wild, etc). Of course, the way to proceed is up to you. 

This is a very upsetting time in the cruelty-free-beauty community but we will get through this. I always like to think of the awesome indie and smaller companies that now have an opportunity to shine. Let's look at this as a time to find another company to shower with love. 

I hope you found something to take away from this post. 


Lots of Love,
Camila












No comments:

Post a Comment

Please utilize this comment section for feedback. If you have a question, message me on facebook. It's easier that way to answer your questions directly. :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Main-nav-Menu (Do Not Edit Here!)